Dr. Erica Lepore, naturopathic doctor and creator of the 21 Day Detox Program, posted this recipe on her Facebook page and I had to try them. She said her family ate the whole pan in one sitting. I had to hurry to get the pictures done before my family ate them all! They’re that good – scout’s honor. The recipe is more like a blondie because it has chocolate chips and no cocoa. With the exception of the chocolate chips, which have a bit of evaporated cane juice to sweeten them, this recipe is Paleo-friendly. It is also gluten free and Vegan. And very addictive. We can not be held responsible for weight gain due to over consumption of these yummy goodies. Good luck not eating the whole pan!
Almond Butter Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water or 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of “Enjoy Life” mega chocolate chunks
note: If using unsalted almond butter use 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 dish with parchment paper or grease it.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl
- Add chocolate chunks, give a few stirs and pour batter into pan
- Bake brownies until dark golden brown – 20 to 25 mins
- Remove from oven and try to wait at least 10 mins before cutting